Thursday

Photography follows the law of averages.



My dad used to teach photography at a college in Denver, long before digital cameras. Back in the days of real film. He taught me a valuable lesson which I still use today.

Basically speaking, simply take a bunch of shots to get one awesome one! *laughing* So, let me confess, this photo was the final shot of 17. Not that 17 is a ton, but they were all her jumping up and down. I did get two other shots I liked... Additionally, I have a friend who would KILL ME if I didn't mention that I took this with a Sony NEX-5.

I love what a picture can do. You can capture joy in a single frame and hold it there, close to your heart forever.  

And is that what celebrating life it all about?


3 comments:

  1. totaly agree with taking a bunch of shot's I do thaton most the pic's I take another rule of thum is try and take different anglesnever know when the Light will hit just the right way

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since "digital", that is surely my M O. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely, digital give us the freedom to take risks and change angles. I do miss the surprise joy of finding a super great shot on a roll of film though.

    ReplyDelete