Wednesday

My Mission in Life


cel·e·brate
[sel-uh-breyt]  verb, cel·e·brat·ed, cel·e·brat·ing.
verb (used with object)
1.   to observe (a day) or commemorate (an event) with ceremonies, festivities or rejoicing.

life

[lahyf]  noun, plural lives [lahyvz]  ,adjective
noun
1.  a corresponding state, existence, or principle of existence conceived of as belonging to the soul: eternal life.

I recently determined that this is my life's mission; to celebrate life.
I posed the question via Facebook; "How do you celebrate life?" and the answers seemed ordinary, things I had heard before. Which, in effect is the opposite of celebrating. 
What say we kick up our heels with vigor to observe the simpler things in life?  Pour a drink and toast the fact that it's Tuesday!

Let's beat the drum, blow off steam, carouse, drink to, have a ball, let loose, lionize, live it up, make merry, mark with a red letter, paint the town red, party and just raise hell.
Of course, here I am waxing poetic and not giving you any actual examples. Let me amend my post with five ways I celebrate the mundane, everyday bits of my existence... therefore transforming them from mundane to fabulous.
  1. Photograph.
    Really? Yes really. When do we take pictures? Oh yaaaaah.... special occaisions! Now quit complaining and get out your camera.
  2. Exert.Physically and mentally if possible! We are designed to train, develop and condition ourselves. So don't just sit there, do something.
  3. Share. Doesn't matter what; share a smile, share your lunch, share your time. When you give someone else a chance to partake in what you have to offer, you feel better.
  4. Talk.To the cashier, to the neighbors, to your cat. Shoot, talk to yourself. Fill in the blank spaces with words that mean something. Talk to express love and hurt and every other emotion.
  5. Create.I can't sing. I can't really draw, I even tried to knit. But I love and live to create. You don't have to be creative to create something, so I don't want to hear that excuse. There are many opportunites to be inpired by someone or something else.

Now, I know it would be easy to say, "Sure, those sure sound ordinary to me." But I double dog dare you to try it. Celebrate your life today. And tomorrow. And the next.  And if I missed one, let me know. <3

4 comments:

  1. Jenn, this is one AMAZING post!!!! thank you so much for sharing your thoughts - you always inspire me - and remind me how EASY documenting life is - and sharing it too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dalon, <3 Thank you for letting me know my words have value. I needed that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You simply inspire me! I LOVE that about you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, Thank you. Actually, you inspire me.

    ReplyDelete