Sunday

The Tipping Point

Have you ever read that book?
Yes, The Tipping Point.  If you haven't, you should. It's really good. 
As per Amazon: The Tipping Point is that magic moment when an idea, trend, or social behavior crosses a threshold, tips, and spreads like wildfire. Just as a single sick person can start an epidemic of the flu, so too can a small but precisely targeted push cause a fashion trend, the popularity of a new product, or a drop in the crime rate. This widely acclaimed bestseller, in which Malcolm Gladwell explores and brilliantly illuminates the tipping point phenomenon, is already changing the way people throughout the world think about selling products and disseminating ideas.

That done, let me tell you WHY I say that. I've been working with Heritage Makers as a personal publishing consultant now for three years plus and I love what I am able to do with my photos. But tonight on Pinterest, I saw a GREAT post and I have to re-post/share it with you! From here on out, my comments will be in bright PINK so you'll know my voice.


5 simple ways make the most of your pictures
Last year I teamed up with a group of my favorite bloggers and wrote 5 simple ways to improve your photography. This year I want to give you five ways to use those fabulous pictures you’re accumulating.


1. Make a book. Um... hello? This is WHAT I DO!!! www.myphotofairy.com So many photography printing services offer books now and they are a great alternative to all those 4 x 6 prints you never got around to putting in an album. Make it your goal to print a book every season or every year. I promise you’ll be so glad you did. The easiest way to do this is to either save your favorite images in a folder named 2012 album on  your computer or upload your favorites to your printing company each month. Don’t wait till the end of the year and find yourself sorting through thousands of digital files. You’ll get frustrated and give up. 5.x7, 8x8, my personal favorite 8.5x11 12x12, and more! 

2. Make a calendar. I do this every year and I print several and give them as gifts to family members. We love seeing the new image every month. Yep, I can help you make these too, in 2 sizes and... we can add you own holidays. SWOON!
calendar

3. Print canvases. I fell in love with the gallery wrapped canvas this year and I collected quite a few. They are so easy! They come ready to hang, no frames to worry about. And, they look great on your walls! Is it really possible you can do ALL of this at one website??? Yes! www.myphotofairy.com
wall

4. Join a group project. I’m participating in Darcy’s project 52. It not only gives you a way to share your images, it motivates you to use your camera and practice what you’ve learned.

393470_335839809777069_145165328844519_1266508_108711870_n
 5. Make a personal goal. As a matter of fact... simply search my blog for Yearbook or 53 Fridays to see what I've done in this realm! Whether  you join a Project 365/52 or not, if your goal is to improve your photography, then no matter what level you’re at making a personal goal to learn something new or shoot in a different way is something you should do. Last year I made it my mission to learn to shoot fireworks. I accomplished that goal on July 4 and later, entered that photograph in my county fair and won best of show.

7-4 4

I hope this gives you some ideas to put into practice this year. Enjoy your photography journey and don’t just let those files sit there on your computer, do something fun with them!

It's a good day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment