Sunday

No, not a scrapbook! Before You Were 5

 I am a mother, a wife, sister and friend. I am an artist, a writer, party planner and crazy person.
I am also a personal publisher and with that comes joy. I never thought I would love creating digitally because I am very tactile. Paint in my cuticle, glue in my hair (now there's a vision), but truly, I love creating this way.
When my youngest daughter turned five and I wanted to create a highly personalized board book for her that documented the previous years of her life. No, not a scrapbook. A professionally bound book, glossy, real pages, published book!

I started with a template and altered it to fit my needs, much like a dress maker alters a pattern to fit a person. Here is the original template:

designed by: Kari Pieratt
8x8 Board Book
Template ID: 50666

But, I don't have a boy, so I began the simple drag and drop process of making the book for my daughter. Here is the finished project.


 
I am delighted with the book, as is my daughter! The postman delivered it to us in the middle of her birthday party (how's that for perfect timing?!) and she stopped everything to examine every page carefully. Be still my mom heart. <3

2 comments:

  1. I love, love, love, LOVE this book and IDEA!!! My own daughter will be 5 on April 1st - just a couple of weeks. Is this a possibility for her?

    Your Admirer :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely! It was pretty simple and straightforward. I will give you a call.

    ReplyDelete